Vsevolozhsk Live Gallery , Russia

Vsevolozhsk Live Gallery , Russia


A number of villages historically existed within the current area of the town of Vsevolozhsk. In particular, the village of Ryabovo was first mentioned in 1727.In the end of the 18th century and in the 19th century, Ryabovo belonged to the family of princes of Vsevolozhsky, after whom the town was eventually named. In 1892, a narrow-gauge railway (Irinovskaya railway), the first such line in Russia, was constructed to transport peat for St. Petersburg's heating. A number of railway stations were open, including Berngardovka, Vsevolozhskaya, and Melnichny Ruchey. Settlements eventually developed around the stations. The whole area was a part of Shlisselburgsky Uyezd of St. Petersburg Governorate.[citation needed] The settlement of Vsevolozhskoye, around Vsevolozhskaya railway station, was the first settlement in Russia where street gas lamps were set. On February 14, 1923, Shlisselburgsky Uyezd was merged into Petrogradsky Uyezd.In January 1924, the uyezd and the governorate were renamed Leningradsky
-Wikipedia-